Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Writing to sink your teeth into


So inspired!


Once again it's W/E Wednesday and I noticed I have been vacillating between "Whatever" and "W/E" in my title.  Zoinks!  I believe I prefer the "W/E" so hopefully from now on I'll stick with that.  Okay, back to semi-reality, I have been busy writing a short story for an upcoming contest (wish me luck!) so that has been sucking the meaty writing out of me for the last few days.  So, since I can write about w/e (hee hee) I want today I feel like giving my brain a bit of a rest and simply highlighting a few of my favorite writers.  It seemed appropriate to me!  First on my














Mr. Deep Thoughts
list is Saul, much better known as Paul the apostle. He was one of THE greats and really dove into some heavy topics.  I love those meaty, stick-to-the-ribs issues and Paul really dishes it up.

Another titan of the writing field is C.S. Lewis.  I was first introduced to him in 5th grade when our teacher required us to read "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe".  I fell in love with his stories immediately, reading every book in the Narnia series.  I continue reading him in his deep-thinking books including "The Screwtape Letters". There is some seriously mind boggling stuff in all his books.  I find myself having to read portions over several times just to grasp onto his thinking train.  It takes more time for me to read his writing but to me it's definitely
 worth it.





He's on the loose!
I know I've highlighted this creative writer before but I have to mention him because he's one of my all time favorite authors and he taught me that's it's okay to bend the writing rules a bit here and there.  A perfect example is shown to the left when he needed a rhyme with a "oon" ending and just made up the word "flewn".  Simply fabulous, or should I say "fabuloon"?  Though easier to grasp his thoughts, Theodor tackled some weighty topics which seems to be a common thread in my most cherished authors.

If you have never read any of the works by these epic authors, I encourage you to do so but make sure to go in hungry and enjoy the reading feast :)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back