Friday, September 11, 2015

My 70's Fashion Picks


And the secret word is...

Hold onto your chair as we zip back to the 70's fashion era this Flashback Friday.  I scoured my mind (and it was quite abrasive) for memories of my favorite clothes items from back in the day and this is what I came up with.

Google search does not always bring up exactly what we want, unfortunately, but it can usually come pretty close.  I had a pink Groucho Marx shirt similar to this except there was no collar and it was shorter.  Not exactly the same but it gives you a good idea of my fashion flair back then...and yes, these were













Groovy baby
 kinda popular!

Really, who DIDN'T have a cool pair of Levi wide bell jeans back then?  The un-groovy, that's who!
Again, mine didn't have all the funky patchwork embellishments, although those were the thing.  I just loved those super-wide bells. I wish those were more popular now so I could go to Target and buy me a pair.









Fake Fur Fun





What kept you warm while being cool?  Well, the fur-trimmed maxi-coat, that's what.  The one in the pic appears to be suede, but mine wool and was a lighter tan color. The fur was a bit different, more curly I believe, but basically in the same ballpark.

I'm hoping you dig these 70's threads and had a far-out time flashing back with me :)













Pappy and I were some pretty groovy chicks


P.S.

I found it!  Here's the coat I was talking about and I notice there was no fur on the cuffs.  Hmm, that one evaded my memory search. And you gotta love the hat as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back