Friday, August 14, 2015

Crusin' down the avenue



Here's another look back at songs about vehicles from our past on this Flashback Friday.  I'm in the mood as it's summertime and classic car owners are cruising around in their car"pets" (hee hee, pun time).  Well, enough of my frivolity and on to the tunes...

First up on the playlist is a spunky











song by  Commander Cody called "Hot Rod Lincoln".  It's a fun song with a sweet guitar riff that gets your feet to tapping, at least me!

The next song is by the Man in Black, Johnny Cash.  His "One Piece at a Time" tune was always one that I thought was pretty cool because it made my mind formulate a vision of someone sneaking parts home from the auto plant and building a "crazy quilt" car!







The last oldie car song is a cute little number by The Playmates named "Beep Beep" and is about a "driving duel" between a Cadillac and the Little Nash Rambler (beep beep!).  I like this song for a few reasons and one is because Ramblers are just so gosh darn adorable!  It's also a song/story of the "little guy" (beep beep!) against the "fancy-schmancy guy".  It also reminds me of my Dad-in-law who was a big guy that just loved those little Ramblers!

I hope you enjoy the drive down memory lane and maybe, just maybe, you'll spot one of these classics out on the summer road :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back