Friday, August 7, 2015

Flashback Fashions


Ol' Red



It's Flashback Friday once again and today I'll remissness on clothes I remember back in mid/late 60's.  First off is this little number, a red plaid jumper.  The pic to the left is not exactly like mine but it's pretty close.  I remember wearing it to kindergarten, with both a white turtleneck and tights underneath.  Side story...when I'd get home













Always fun culottes...or are they?

I'd take off the jumper leaving me all in white and then I'd pretend I was Kimba the White Lion*.  I know, not pertinent to the topic but still fun :)

Another garment from my past was the culotte which, as you can see from the image to the right, was pretty much a skirt with a crotch. The ones I remember getting (as a birthday present, which wasn't terribly exciting) were the once piece variety as shown and were a super-pain when you had to go to the little girl's room.






Foofoo dresses
What young lady back in that era didn't have a "foofoo" dress to wear on special occasions?  Those were the days when you would dress semi-formal just to go to your little playmate's birthday party.  I can visualize me at my Grandma's house for my brother's birthday party, wearing a pale blue foofoo with a rhinestone crown on my head and holding a mini Sander's cake.  My Grandma wanted everyone, especially the younger ones like me, to feel special so she'd get the birthday kid a large cake and tiny copies for the "babies".  Off the track a bit again but it was a great memory to flashback on and, seeing the purpose of looking back is to evoke good feelings from past times, I suppose I'm actually right on track :)




*









No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back