Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Fun in the Summer Sun


Our visit to Tippy Dam Recreation Area
Hey-ho!  I hope y'all didn't think I vanished forever from my bleating as I was just on a vaca in the northern regions of the fantabulous state of Michigan.  As this is Tips, Tricks and Treats Tuesday and I still have the info fresh in my mind, I thought I'd share some of the new spots we found that I believe are hidden gems.  The first pic is of the Tippy Dam Recreation Area.  This is a fishing mecca but it's also great for you nature lovers/hikers out there as there is a river trail to meander along with lots of spots to dip your tootsies in.  Here is a link...

http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/Details.aspx?id=696&type=SPRK  

Check it out for more info on all the particulars on this nifty travel spot, especially the 


Yum, yum, eat 'em up!
driving directions as it's just a bit tricky to find the recreation side, which we found had easier access to the area than the Consumer's Energy side.

Next sneaky spot is the Dublin General Store in Dublin, Michigan of course!  I had never heard of Dublin or it's store until an acquaintance divulged his love of their pulled pork sandwiches to us.  You will notice Hub enjoying his in the pic. They also have a HUGE selection of jerky if you're into that.  Here is the link for Dublin your fun (had to throw that pun in)...

 http://www.dublinstore.com/mm5/merchant.mvc


Ah, a view of  Paris...in Michigan!
The last buried treasure site we uncovered was Paris.  I had read about their park having a 20 foot tall replica of, what else, the Eiffel Tower.  That was the draw for me but what I didn't expect was the lovely and lengthy Trout Pond.  It was a very pleasant place to visit as we were able to stroll along and feed the seemingly ever-hungry trout and the equally ravenous variety of waterfowl at the other end of the channel-like pond.  And in a grove of trees nestled in the back of the park is the Mini Eiffel.  I'm sure we will visit Pare-ee again :)
Here is the link for directions to this tranquil destination...

http://www.michigan.org/city/paris/

If you are planning a visit to the Mitten State and are searching for something different, give these spots a try. Really, where else can you get Tippy, go to Dublin AND Paris all in the same day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back