Monday, July 6, 2015

The Mighty OakoAk


Ouch!
We will again go to the streets for this Mesmerizing Medium Monday and search out some super imaginative art.  

The artist I'm featuring today is known as OakoAk  from France and you can catch his fanciful street art there, in particular in his native St. Etienne. His works are not "in










I love this one :)
 your face" but just enough of a subtle touch to transform something humdrum or even unsightly into a fanciful piece that gives you a smile and/or a giggle. OakoAk explains about his art in St. Etienne, "I wanted it to look nicer. It was an industrial city with many coal mines; now it's in regeneration and still quite poor. But it's easily travelled (sic) by foot with awkward aspects ideal for art.  I saw shapes everywhere, and wanted to realise (sic) them."



Ah, there go Calvin and Hobbes
Well indeed he has.  I have chosen only three of the many tiny treasures he has sprinkled around France and I believe it's worth your time, in you fancy whimsy, to check out more of his work.

OakoAk just proves to us how just a little embellishment can totally change the way we look and feel about things :)























No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back