Monday, July 27, 2015

Going bananas...again


Oh, the carnage!

I'm always surprised by what I discover when I'm searching for items for Mesmerizing Medium Monday and today was definitely no exception.  I dunno, somehow I always end up being sucked into some crazy banana vortex abundant with yellow artsy ideas. So, here's a 











Thar she peels!
small sample of what I saw in my banana venture. In this set of art (and, oh, there will be more yellow to come) I tried to focus on creations that involved the banana still looking more or less regular but with some whimsical tweaks.  I love the above example of the parrot having his fill of the sweet fruit while the banana pair look on in horror...always fun.

The ship to the right was designed by a Copenhagen-based artist, Jacob Dahlstrup.  He appropriately titled this work "Banana Schooner".  I wonder if she's sea-worthy (and, no)?











The end is near!
This last image is more on the simple side but it makes me laugh along with one of the fruits in the background.  Perhaps he's smiling because the banana is getting the chopper instead of him.

Did you go bananas for this art or did it just make you mellow-yellow?  Whatever the case, it's fruity-good fun :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back