Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Don't burn, baby, burn


Yikes!  Don't panic and think before you act
The hubby and I somehow got on the topic of how to put out a grease fire (yup, I'm getting old and the memory slips gears now and then), so I thought I'd better look up some info just in case.  So with that in mind, let's venture into Tips, Tricks and Treats Tuesday.

I thought I remembered something about throwing baking soda on the flaming grease pot and I found out that it's an okay option but you'd need quite a bit for it to do it's job and usually folks don't have a bucket of baking soda handy.  The following link has a concise and very helpful article on what to do....
http://www.rockymountainfire.org/howdoi/kitchen.htm

In addition to this article, the following videos drive home the points and hopefully the tips



plus the visuals can stick in your brain in case the occasion rises where you would need the info, but hopefully you won't need to use it!

The clip to the right is a must see.  It shows what can happen if you do the wrong things and also how to approach  taming a grease fire in the proper way.  And the biggest thing is DO NOT ADD WATER to a grease fire...it's a bad thing.












I'm throwing in the vid to the left just to show you how flour and fire mix...another no-no to throw on a grease fire (sugar is also a no-no).  Do NOT try this one at home, kiddies :)













The last clip I'm offering up just for fun to lighten the fire/fear mood above.  Every time I think of a fire, Lenny and Squiggy from the sit-com "Laverne and Shirley" pops into my head...sorry, it's just one of those things that worms into your mind and sits latent until a trigger moment.  Zap ahead to minute 7:16 to view my mind-worm and hopefully get a giggle :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back