Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Boy's Beginnings


Early Beatles before Ringo was one of  The Boys
It's Whatever Wednesday and per usual, I get to chat about anything (within tasteful limits,of course) I care to blather on about. Today will be a Beatles Day, the first of many, I'm thinking.  I have loved The Boys since I was 5 years old and my cousin, who I admired, played my 








The Beatles with Ringo when he was finally part of the group
brother's Magical Mystery Tour album when she came to visit.  I figure I might as well start at the Beatles' beginnings so here it goes.  

The first image, above left, is of three of the four future Beatles. Paul is in the bottom left corner, Ringo, when he was still with a group called Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, is next to Paul and young George has on the black leather jacket.  The Beatles had another drummer when they started out, Pete Best, but when things got to the point of a record deal it was time to get a solid drummer and Ringo was in and Pete was out. 

The pic to the above right is regarded as one of the first photos with Ringo as the Beatles beat-man.

Paul, Ringo, John and George



This photo was from 1962 and is an early publicity shot. I think this one is kind of quirky...the old, junky car was an interesting touch, I suppose.  It's cute but a bit stiff, in my opinion, but I still like it.


















Cool caz-you-all
I'm throwing this last one in just because I like how it's composed. They are posed in this one, but they seem more relaxed and you just have to dig those Beatles Boots!

From The Quarry Men to The Silver Beetles to the Silver Beatles and finally to The Beatles, the Fab Four were on their way to the "Toppermost of the Poppermost :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back