Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Good old days?


Is he working on a movement here?

Well, you just never know what I'll post on Whatever Wednesday since I don't either!  I was actually looking up vintage hats on a Google search (it may end up a topic sometime soon) and I found some odd old-time pics and thought it was a good idea for some easy kicks and giggles, so here it goes.

I don't have any idea what is going on in this photo...the gentleman is apparently playing some sort of organ but past that, well who knows.  I'm not sure if he's wearing any undergarments but the thought makes me feel sorry for the stool (geez, I innocently wrote a couple of taste-less puns in the last two sentences and the











Ummm, ya
only reason I'm stating that here is in case you also caught them and thought I naively missed them...nope).  Looking at the above pic makes me wonder if The Python's used this as inspiration for Terry Jones' semi-famous mini-skit of the naked man playing the organ...hmmm?

Okay, I am just wracking my poor brain on this one.  The stoic girl, the black cat, the skeleton and his french horn, the ominous foot mist and the smattering of letter flashcards strewn about the floor; what does it all mean?  Whatever this arrangement imparts just can't be good. 








Fun with fire?
Although not quite as bizarre as the previous photo, this one still requires a bit of head-scratching. Was the photographer like, "Okay kids, put on your favorite masks so we can set a car on fire and take your photograph in front of it." Or, perhaps this was a moment of chance where the children just happened to be out trick-or-treating when a car fire suddenly broke out at just the right time to snap a shot.  At least I can come up with some semi-logical conclusions with this one!

Well, it seems those "good ol' days" certainly had some oddness to them and just goes to show us that strangeness happens in every era :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back