Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Easy-peasy Dinner



As I was planning on what to post on this Tips, Tricks and Treats Tuesday, I remembered the fun weekend that just passed and how I actually found what I was looking for at a garage sale.  Now hang on, you'll see in a minute how that fact ties into this entry.  I found the recipe/tip on the left for cooking a whole chicken in a bundt pan and thought it was a nifty idea except I had no bundt pan...boo!  Well









Tangy Potato Salad...yum!
this is how my garage sailing comes into play as I, and I'm sure you see it coming, found a new-looking bundt pan at a particular house and ended up getting it...for free!  Me-hubby got a super-duper deal on a T.V. and the nice man threw in the pan as a bonus.  I love bargins!

I haven't tried out the chicken yet (but I'm thinking it'll be quick  and tasty), however I did make the Tangy Potato Salad with Bacon and Hub and I like it!  Here's the link for Tangy Goodness...

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/tangy-potato-salad-with-bacon/2917d202-9118-41e6-af5b-597bd9d5ef67?nicam2=Email&nichn2=Core&niseg2=PB&nicreatID2=PB_05_19_2015&utm_source=Email_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=PB_05_19_2015

Dang, that's a long URL, but it's worth it.  The only thing I did different was to substitute a teaspoon or two of dried Rosemary (my new favorite herb) for the green onion.

Yum yum, eat 'em up :)
I wouldn't leave you hanging on a limb without an easy but scrumptious dessert, so now I offer up a recipe for Malted Toffee Brownies.  Here's a link to the recipe shown in the pic...

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/malted-toffee-brownies

How-ev-ah, I promised an easy recipe, so all I did was mix together brownies from a box (the family size) and tossed in 1/4 cup malted milk powder and 1 cup (3/4 cup mixed in and 1/4 cup saved for the top) toffee chips.  These have been taste-tested by me and Hubby and we give it 4 thumbs up.

So there ya go, an easy-peasy dinner complete with dessert...you can thank me when you're done eating :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back