Friday, May 22, 2015

Sweet and Smokey Memories


Waxy goodness



My gosh, yet another Flashback Friday is here again!  I dipped into my cache of ideas and drew up these sweet memories, literally and figuratively!  

The Nik-L-Nips were one of the first candies I have memories of.  It was actually quite an odd candy, if you can even call it that. It was basically a small glurk of sweet liquid encased in a wax "bottle" that you could













Bubble-y funny

chew like gum after the "nip" was gone. I just realized as I was writing this how utterly weird the name of this sweetie was...have a nip from the old bottle, kiddies!  However, I have fond memories of them and of how I wanted a "case" but, since I didn't care to chew the wax after the syrupy sweet nip was gone, it didn't last long.

Let's go from drinking to good ol' cigars. I LOVED these bubble gum cigars!  I have a hazy memory of my Grandma buying me one of these (pink, I'm thinking) at a log-cabin-type building at either a park or perhaps the zoo.  No matter, it was still a happy memory :)





Oh, what fun these were!

Next up on the list of vices is your classic cig smoking and what better example could your young child have then to "smoke" these candy cigarettes?  Well, I loved these as well and probably more than the aforementioned cigars.  Looking at the examples to the left, I'm drawing up a vague memory that Lark or LM was probably my brand.  Again, in my blurry rememberings, I envision these candy coffin nails being wrapped in paper and being able to blow candy-dust "smoke" out the front end. I have never been a smoker so maybe these sugary imitations got the rebellion of taking a drag out of my system when I was young!  Point here being these did not make me want to smoke as I got older.  It was just good sweet-smokey fun.

Despite my younger days (as in 5 or 6 years old!) of taking a nip from the bottle, indulging in a nice cigar and having a little smoke, I came out addicted only to candy :)





Ya, I did this :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back