Friday, May 8, 2015

Seventies Stuff


Used this on almost everything

Strap on your platform shoes, kiddies because it's time for another Flashback Friday. Today I'll highlight items I vividly remember using back in the day and first up is the Dymo Label Maker.  I had tons of fun with this gadget









Loved, loved, loveddd these!
making little sticky labels with all sorts of words and phrases from my childhood brain, which was most likely my name.  Everyone knew what stuff was mine!

I still get a twinge of excitement when I glimpse Wacky Packages. My friend and I went bonkers for them and we were sure to get some from the newest shipment at our local Mom and Pop store called Annie's.  My bestie had to get them for me since my Mom wouldn't let me cross the busy road that lead to Annie's.  Thanks, Pappy :)






Oh, I'm picking out a thermos for you 
Last is an item that wasn't terribly fun or exciting, yet was able to create a pang of fear in my young mind.  The old thermos's had glass liners in them to keep your liquids at the proper temperature.  It worked but they were so temperamental as the liners were prone to break, hence my fear pangs.  I never wanted to be the one that broke the thermos!

So a mix of fun, excitement and fear on this flashback...the 70's were an emotional time for sure!




1 comment:

  1. Hiya Cheryl!

    I have to say that this flashback really brings back some memories, from the good old times as they say. ;)

    However I just wanted to say that I am very happy that Dymo could be part of your experience and perhaps it is something you will find use for once again in your future!

    WIth best regards,
    Jesper K
    DYMOSupport

    ReplyDelete

Give me a bleat back