Monday, June 8, 2015

The Candy Man Can and Does


You learn something new everyday, if you try.  I was scoping out Facebook (you just never know what will pop up!) when I came across this video. After I watched, spellbound, I thought, This would be great for Mesmerizing Medium Monday, so here it is!  I would have never thought that cotton candy making could be an art form, but so it is.  This talented man from ChongQing, China shows what skill and imagination can do.  However, I










discovered that this isn't only happening in China.  I did some scratching around and came up with more cotton candy crafters.

The video to the right comes from Mexico City (that is according to one of the comments and if Google Translate worked properly) and this confectionery artist makes Sombreros, which is super cool.  According to another similar video from Mexico, they cost about $1.30 to purchase...what a deal!







I saved this one for last because this guy is not only a candy artist but a performance artist.  Russian Confectioner David Shtrom is known as the "Candy King" and for good reason.  As he spins his web of sweet, airy goodness, he performs some tasty moves to the tunes of Michael Jackson.  Really, take some time to watch this vid!

These "Candymen" are utterly fascinating and talented artists and makes me wish we had these craftsmen in America.  Perhaps we do and I'll learn yet another new thing :)












No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back