Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Batter up!


It's the most wonderful time of the year :)
Since it's W/E Wednesday I can post w/e I want, so today I'm thinking baseball.  It was Opening Day this past Monday so we're starting a fresh, new season of fun in the sun, watching the Boys of Summer do their thing.  I just adore the image to the left as this is baseball in it's purest and most fun form, just a group of kids playing (emphasis on "playing") for the sheer enjoyment of it!  I grew up in a baseball family and I remember watching my brothers play...sometimes 










One for the history books!


I wasn't so keen on going as they played a lot!  But I do recall a feeling of relaxed enjoyment going to those games.  I love baseball because of the pace and I know that's why many do NOT like it.  But to me, those slow times between the meaty parts of the game are a time to chat with those you are with and to just take in the (hopefully) nicer Spring/Summer weather.  You have to be careful, though, as any play could be an important one or even history making.  Case in point, to the right, when Hank Aaron, with one crack of the bat, hit a record breaking 715th home-run on this same day in 1974.











Our Boys of Summer...eat 'em up Tigers
The new Baseball Season of 2015 is in it's infancy and I'm hoping it'll be a winning one for my hometown team, The Dee-troit Tii-gers.  But more than that, I'm just looking for The Boys to have fun playing (emphasis on playing!) as it actually should be and that I'll just relax and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back