Monday, April 13, 2015

Don't take my Kodachrome away


Gotta take a photograph :)
Ah Monday, Monday again.  Feeling a bit blue?  Maybe mien blog will help put you in the pink again (ah, I love puns).  On this Mesmerizing Medium Monday I'll focus on (punny) photography.  

I can relate to this first quote, apparently attributed to Roger 








Precisely!  
Kingston according to my Google Search...don't know why this wasn't stated in this pic but now we know.  As I've probably stated more than once, I'm the artsy-type and I love many different forms of  personal expression.  I've been a decent writer from way back so that's why you're reading this blog...at...this...very...minute!  Gives me the chills.  But, I'd have to admit to myself that photography is an addictive passion with me.  I have gone for long periods without writing (although the ideas ALWAYS wormed around in my brain) but I've never  gone any length of time without taking photographs.  Ask my poor daughter, especially during her teenage years.  There was even a friend that made an "Anti-Photo Amulet"...I probably took a picture of that :)

Yes, yes, yes!
There are many positive photography quotes bouncing around but this one sprang right into my eye.  Ansel Adams was a spectacular nature photographer and environmentalist and he more than lived up to his own quote.  All arts are beautiful in their own ways, but photography to me is like a force that draws me in, challenging me to capture an image in time, a view that might not have been examined in such a way as I have discovered, so I can share that intriguing snippet of image/view/time with others.  It's a very satisfying endeavor for me.

What?  A whole blog post about photography without a photo...well except of a camera!  I will remedy that with one of my snippet-children :)



Self-portrait 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back