Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Cheers for Ears


My thoughts are on the warmer weather and what it brings...corn on the cob!  So this Tips, Tricks and Treats Tuesday will dwell on the golden nuggets of summer sunshine.  Last year the hubster and I discovered a super-cool and easy way to cook cobby corn in the nuker.  I forgot about it until I was reminded of it on a Facebook post and thought I'd share. Check out the vid on the left.  Now,










you could just enjoy eating the corn right off the cobby or you could cut it off it's home base, especially if you have a bunch leftover, to use in a recipe.  I wondered if there were any tricks out there for helping with this task and the video to the right seemed the best to me.  It demonstrates a cheap and easy way using just a kitchen knife and another way using a gadget that really seemed impressive.  If you would be doing a schmere of corn-cobbing-cutting I would definitely purchase the little guy in the following link and highlighted in the vid....


http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Corn-Peeler/dp/B003BEDQKS/ref=pd_sim_k_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=0KEX9Y7HGR3EKPR5VQED



Anything made with bacon=yum
So, first you cooked your corn then you cut it off the cob, but what to do with all those juicy,yellow kernels?  Well, would I really leave you hanging like that?  Of course not, so here's a few recipe links.  The first one is for the dish on the left called Smokey Corn with Bacon...

http://www.foodiecrush.com/2012/09/friday-faves-and-smokey-corn-with-bacon/

The second is for an old-timey fave, creamed corn.  It seems uber easy to make once you have all your loose corn nuggets and it's all nice and fresh and uncanned/unprocessed which makes it sound delightful...

http://www.food.com/recipe/fresh-cream-corn-off-the-cob-516070

So give some of these corny ideas a try and I promise I won't subject you to another corny pun...at least for today :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back