Friday, April 3, 2015

My Easter Era


Yum...candy in a basket














Flashback Friday will meander in the Easter theme as I reach back and recall the holiday as it was when I was a wee tyke. 

I always looked forward to my Easter Basket!  My Mom went to elaborate measures to craft my surprise using a big, pink plastic basket, translucent green grass which nested a grand array of edible goodies and toys all wrapped up


















In your Easter Bonnet, with all the frills upon it :)

in a sheer sheet of pink cellophane and wrapped up with the proverbial bow.  It was so exciting to peer through the muting wrapper and try to figure out what was waiting for me inside!

The Easter Season was also time to get all gussied up for church and going to Grandma's house after.  I remember wearing my Easter Bonnet, a ritual I still enjoy employing even though it's not the trend now.  Another item that was purchased new for the occasion was a pair of shiny patent leather shoes to go with some sort of pastel-colored frothy dress.













Memoriesssssss


This was always a fascinating book to me extra appropriate for Easter.  Panoramic/Enchanted Eggs are always mysterious fun and a story about one is pretty sure to be the same!  I believe I still have this book tucked away in some dark recess in my house.

Easter is always a beautiful time of year which makes it's memories extra delightful to remissness with and I hope you enjoyed flashing back with me :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back