Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Family Feud Fun


So true in our family
So do you know what today is?  It's W/E Wednesday and does anyone know what I'm going to discuss-with-words?  Well, the pic to the left pretty much gives it away.  I first learned how to play a card game called Canasta when I was 10 years old and that was a loooong time ago.  This game is 










Dang straight!
"The Thing" in my family on my Mom's side and we played it frequently.  I knew when my Auntie G was ready to go when she took out her false teeth, Aunt Lilla had her "magic-card-scratching" technique, Grandma would proclaim "Be there!" when she was drawing for a good card and my Grandpa was quiet but deadly.  
  My two brothers, the hubster and I are keeping the tradition more than alive and well with our weekly Sunday night Canasta fest.







That's how we roll, or should I say throw
We randomly choose who's on what team and play two games which takes about 3-ish hours...Canasta is not for the faint hearted and weak :)  My brother Greggor throws his reading glasses across the table most weeks, brother D.J. burns internally, hubby stays uncharacteristically placid and I am the roller coaster vacillating between euphoria and agony.  "Why do we play?" you ask and I answer, it's a freakish addiction!  We've all been playing for a combined 150-ish years and we're all pretty well honed in the game so it really comes down to the cards we are dealt, but Lady Luck can be cruel.  It gets pretty ugly at the card table when one team wins both games!  Yet on we play, week after week as moths are drawn to a flame.  Should we all do something else Sunday evenings?  Probably.  Will we do something else Sunday Evenings?  I sure hope  not!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back