Thursday, April 23, 2015

Our "holey" life


Ringo finally made it solo!
I was scanning the news and learned that Ringo Starr had finally been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 19th and my brain started to ponder on Mr. Starkey and how he, without realizing, has effected my life.  So without further adieu, I'll start with 









Simulation of my Hub's Grandfather :)
my contemplations for this Thoughtful/Thankful Thursday.  I have been an absolute Beatles' fanatic since I was around five years old and Ringo was always the most fun of the Fab Four to me.  When I discovered we shared a birthday I was hooked for life!  Well, I suppose the nut doesn't fall far from the tree as my daughter ended up being a Ringo Fan and, in fact, ended up being a drummer (percussionist for those high-brows out there).  Her main influence to even start banging the skins was, of course, Ringo.  Ringo isn't aware of this, at least not that I'm aware of (hee hee), yet he was a factor in how mine and my daughter's lives have been weaved. Actually, my daughter met her husband because of "band connections" so it has touched his life as well!  

And speaking of band and how life connects and weaves itself in ways we're not even aware of, I was a "band geek" in my school days and it was because...okay now pay attention because it gets a bit surreal...my husband's Grandpa played saxophone AND he used to practice at his house that HAPPENED to be right next-door to where my Dad lived as a little boy AND he loved listening to that saxophone so much that he encouraged all three of us kids to play but ONLY I ended up playing it all through high school and then I just HAPPENED to meet and marry the Grandson of that man, keeping in mind we had no idea about the connection until YEARS later as family stories got more in depth.  Phew! There are two other (at least) odd and supposedly "coincidental" links from me and my matey's past which I won't get into but trust me, we were "put together" for a purpose.  This is quite a thoughtful thought!


Life, although filled with odd holes, ends up being a pretty pattern 
So, of course being me, I just had to formulate some sort of analogy or "object lesson" out of my mind's wanderings and I came up with this.  I believe there are some big, old hands out there that are crocheting all of us into one ginormous garment (scarf, perhaps?) of their own design, connecting the individual strands of yarn together, blending and reconnecting links when necessary.  Sure, we may feel there are some odd holes at times among the well woven stitches, but if we could look at the finished product we would discover all those stitches, links and holes, even those we're not aware of now, are creating a wild and wonderful pattern .  And guess what?  If you're reading these words you've unwittingly became linked onto my chain along with Ringo and saxophones!  Those big, old hands work in mysterious ways :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back