Tuesday, April 28, 2015

For Chocolate Comrades Only 

Yum and ya-ummm
It's a special chocolate oozing Tips, Tricks and Treats Tuesday with recipes to tempt and try.

The recipe for Homemade Magic (or as I spell it, "Majeek") Shell is to be found at the following link..










http://www.doodlecraftblog.com/2014/04/homemade-magic-shell-ice-cream-topping.html

I have made Majeek Shell many times and it's very good!  It's pretty much like the store bought type except it can harden in between uses, but no biggie as you can just nuke it to liquefy.

The recipe to the right is for No Bake Strawberry Chocolate Tart and this one is in video format and is fun to watch since it involves lots of chocolate, including Oreos.  I haven't tried this one yet but I'm thinking I will as soon as I buy the tart pan suggested for the recipe (Fox Run 14 x 5" tart pan on Amazon for $9.75).  I'm sure you could us another pan, such as a pie pan, but I love the way the slices turn out using the rectangular tart pan.



How do I love thee?  Let me eat away :)
Next are a delightful looking batch of minis called Rolo Brownie Bites.  I haven't tried these yet either but how can you go wrong with brownie mix and Rolos?  You can't.  Here's the link...

http://www.bakersroyale.com/brownies/rolo-brownie-bites/

A few tweaks I'm going to make to the recipe are:
 1)  Instead of making the mix from scratch I'll just use a box of brownie mix prepared to the package directions
2)  Instead of using the mini square pan I'll just use my already there mini muffin pans
3)  For the chocolate covering, instead of 2 Tbls of butter I'll use the same amount of coconut oil as I think that'll make a firmer coating on top

So my fellow chocolate cravers, have fun with these recipes but eat responsibly so as not to o.d. on the sweet, brown goodness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back