Friday, April 24, 2015

These are a few of my fav-o-rite things


My 'ol Pal
It will be a personal walk down memory lane this Flashback Friday, covering a few of the earliest and favorite toys of me tyke-ish years.  To the left is, best as I can gather from online sources, Wonder Mare.  I'm sure this little gal spurred my love of horses (pun!) as I loved to bounce around on her for many joyful hours.  I









My first mode of transportation
 can still recall the feelings of anger and sadness when my parents gave her away to my younger cousin...I'm thinking I pretty much made a terrible toddler scene when the actual act was taking place.  Ah well, I still have memories of my trusty steed.

After Wonder Mare was gone, I at least had another way to get my move-on with my circa 1950 (a hand me down along with Wonder Mare) Murray Chain-driven Tricycle.  Mine didn't have a basket, but otherwise it looked pretty much like the one in the pic above right.




My tag-a-long
This little guy, the Slinky Elephant, was actually bought for me alone.  However, I really wanted the Slinky Dog (I was and still am a dog fanatic) but for whatever reason I ended up with the elephant which was still fine with me.  I have very coherent images of me tying him to the back of my Wheels (my trike from above) and driving around in large circles on our freshly dried concrete garage floor...what fun!

I know you're not really supposed to live in the past, but visiting there once in a while, especially when recalling some nifty old toys, is a past blast!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a bleat back